View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #16
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Okay, so it's closer to one hundred and twelve rather than just twelve Catholic Swiss Guards who are afraid of nuns hitting their palms with a ruler.

Still doesn't answer my question about all those non-Catholic Swiss back home with a sophisticated military weapon close to hand in almost every one of those cute little mountain chalets (BTW, not a doubt in my mind that the Swiss being Swiss, have the finest weapons available with all the latest military specifications).

As I recall, there actually has been ONE mass murder in Switzerland in recent times. Some nut case had an on-going dispute with the Swiss government and ended up shooting 70 people to make his point. Don't know if he used a weapon issued by the military or one of his own, but either way he certainly made sure everyone knew about his displeasure.

Still, given all that fire power laying around, if the Swiss were like the Americans, the population of Switzerland should be half of what it actually now is.

So what makes Americans a nation of mass murderers and the Swiss a nation of neutral eldelweiss pickers?