Thread: Terrell Owens
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 07:06 PM   #6
Cam
dripping with ignorance

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I'm not sure about the whole "he missed the filing deadline" deal, but it's not like the Ravens are a horrible team. What a weenie.
The "he missed the filing deadline" means that he didn't file for free agency or technically his agent didn't. Since he did not file for free agency he was stuck playing out another year of his current contract. As a free agent he would have gotten a ten million dollar signing bonus, but since it's his fault I say f**k him.

Half the reason the guy doesn't want to go to Baltimore is that it will show how mediocre he is. Since Baltimore doesn’t have a good quarterback his numbers are going to fall off quite a bit, and definitely is going to lower his market value during the next off-season. Going to Philly probably would have kept his numbers the same, but I think he would destroy that club. Baltimore will survive though, Ray Lewis won’t take any shit off T.O. and he’s definitely that team’s leader.