View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
asidebet
SamIWas

Don't be scared - this is just Sam

I am either too clever by half or else or early Alzheimer’s has struck again.

Whatever. Either way = same effect.

Long story made even longer:

Since I can no longer hit back a fifth of Wild Turkey a day, my new fav self destruct behavior is to go into EVERYTHING-IS-SOOO-SERIOUS-AND-WE’RE-ALL-GONNA-DIE mode. Or WAG for short.

Now WAG has all sorts of side effects like making me wake up wide eyed at 3am with the realization that I’d forgot to go to my colonoscopy appointment, and I’m probably already dying of some highly embarrassing form of butt cancer, and boy will I ever be sorry when my last words turn out to be “more kaopectate – NOW!”

When it came to the Cellar, WAG caused me to post thousand word replies to complete idiots on topics no one but me really cares about and get all upset over threads tuned to flame wars and other really stupid stuff that sometimes goes on around here and has no importance what-so-ever in the vast scheme of things.

So, one morning at 3am I finally figured out how stupid I was being in regard to EVERYTHING, not just the Cellar, and maybe it was about time to engage in more constructive activities like sending hate mail to the entire House of (NOT) Representatives instead of hours reading all 13 gazillion pages of some flame game going on between strangers on the Internet.

I made sure I’d stick to my old year’s resolution for at least a day or two by changing my Cellar password to a bunch of nonsense symbols that my flea brain would never remember and my official e-mail address to an account that I hadn’t used in years.

Worked pretty good if I do say so myself. I went cold turkey (not half the fun of Wild) on the entire Internet but for the local weather site.

Except…

One morning my 3am satori was that I’d completely forgotten about the Cellar Secret Santa deal. Which I had signed up for. Damn! So, it was either being a grinch or making an earlier return than I’d thought. And then when I e-mailed Glatt for help with my password, it turns out that it’s not so simple if you mess up both your password and e-mail. I don’t know if it can be fixed or not, and I hate to bug UT over my own stupidity, especially when he’s got to deal with the loss of his beloved dogster, Pearl and everything else he’s been posting about.

So for now, anyhow, I’m just posting using an old sock puppet I created back in the day and that I remember the password for since I use that password for almost everything except the new SamIam login.

Now that we’re all clear as mud on that (are you reading, LJ?), I’ll post my very belated thanks to Trilby in the Secret Santa thread.