View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #8747
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

I spent the day watching my oldest son get sworn in/called to the Bar at the Maryland Courts of Appeal. He's persevered and overcome so many challenges ... my heart was so full, watching him take the oath, it almost hurt. Later we wandered around Annapolis, which I've never seen, and browsed a great spice shop - they had the most amazing spice blends, and all sorts of salt - Cyprus flake, black lava salt, big blocks of pink Himalayan, chardonnay smoked salt, salt with lavender and cardamom, and black truffle salt. And we found an Irish store with real Christmas crackers!! (I can never find them in PA.) And Christmas pudding with brandy butter! And real mincemeat! And Christmas cake!!

(In my family, it isn't Christmas without Christmas crackers. All the years I did the Ukrainian twelve-dish dinner, I still had Christmas crackers. You have to wear the little paper hats (for at least one photo) and take turns reading the jokes on the slips of paper while the turkey gets cold, or it just isn't Christmas. )

It was a great day, a once in a lifetime sort of day.