View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #780
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

This one is funny, to SonofV. This same one is kind of embarrassing to me, but also very gratifying as a demonstration of his feelings. Twil and I came home from the grocery store the other day, arms full of bags of food, and Sonof/V was practically hopping up and down to share something with us. In the kitchen is an under counter radio/cd player with an aux input/3.5mm headphone plug. There we are trying to unload the groceries and he says, "You have to see this". So he takes his phone, finds a YouTube video, cues it up, plugs in his phone to the radio and says "check this out, soooo funny!" with the biggest smile on his face.

There we are putting the food away when this video starts to play. Loudly. We couldn't see the screen very well, but upon rewatching/relistening I can tell you the expressions on our faces are well represented on the faces of the actors in this video. But we certainly heard it loud and clear. SonofV was laughing hysterically.

It's funny because he's a high school boy. It's embarrassing because, well, that's not really mixed generation/kitchen radio material--not without some kind of preface or bourbon anyhow. But I do love how it demonstrates how comfortable he is with the three of us. *That* makes me smile.