View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #32
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The fellow in the OP is the head of the GOP party in the state of Maine. How clueless can this man be? True, he has apologized, and it seems a real apology, not just I'm sorry if you were hurt --non-apology. Good.

But that he was so removed from reality that he was shocked, shocked I say, by dozens and dozens of black people voting that once out of office as GOP Chairman for Maine that he intended to use his own money to send follow up postcards to the surprise voters and see if and where they were delivered is a public confession of ignorance so vast that it seems irresponsible to have him in a position of influence or authority. Really. You're gonna send post cards to dozens and dozens of voters to track them down? How are you going to know which of the names on the lists of those who voted belong to black people Nancy Drew? Hm? Or are you just going to send postcards to everyone and include a census style questionnaire on the back? Logistically, I don't see how his plan cold work. Politically, I think it's a completely stupid thing to have said.