Thread: FOUR MORE YEARS
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #89
Adak
Lecturer

[quote=tw;838196]One by one. The money is being paid back with interest. What do we have to show for it? Profits. And we averted a 40% unemployment. Why do you routinely ignore facts? Limbaugh did not mention those profits?

That's what they lead you to believe, but unfortunately, the Feds own a lot of stock, also. To just break even, the price per share of GM stock would have to approximately double.

The previous pay back they gave us so quickly, was actually another loan - so they were able to make Obama look good, by paying us back -- *with interest*, with our own money.

Fact is, the Volt is a colossal failure, since it isn't a hybrid, and has such a limited range. Now it's range is up to 38 whole miles -- whoopee! That's with brand new batteries, of course.

Quote:
Where is the spending? Drug prices in America (and charged to government perscription plans) are 40% higher in America. Thanks to corporate welfare laws passed by George Jr that add another $1trillion of debt in ten years. Did they forget to tell your that? Mission Accomplished: we have only just started to pay for that $3trillion fiasco. Did they forget to tell you that?
All conservatives are aware that Bush Jr. was a big spender - and not a fiscal conservative.

Quote:
Meanwhile, where is that 40% unemployment rate that was clearly defined in that meeting in 2007. The meeting that George Jr said, "I have lost control of this meeting" and then walked out. What happened to the 40% unemployment rate that left so many Senators and Representatives leaving that meeting with 'ghost faces'? Oh. They forgot to tell you about that.
No, I heard about it. But there were lots of meetings, and lots of ashen faces when the depth of the sub prime mortgage debacle became clear.

Quote:
Why do you routinely forget to the lessons from history. Limbaugh is not an honest source.
Why do you assume I listen to Limbaugh? I don't. His personal attacks against liberals is not something I'll tolerate.

Quote:
At least you stopped insulting people - somewhat.
There's nothing gained by insulting people. Oh, I'll do it if the others are posting insults at me or my friends, but it's your idea's, not you, that are the heart of the matter, and should be insulted, kicked down into the basement, thrown into the boiler, and chopped up like sushi!

Nothing personal.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote