View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Do you realize how hard certain groups of people have worked over the years simply to have the ability to vote? Minorities, women, poor people/non-land owners, and AMERICANS in general vs. colonists of Britain??? And you're just gonna not bother voting 'cause none of the issues or candidates is a perfect paragon of idealism?

Fine. We're better off that way. If more clueless people stayed home on election day, the results might be more productive. As for me, I've made up my mind - and I WILL be at the voting booth.

Staying home and doing nothing is NOT the way to elicit change. You don't like what's out there? Get off your ass and work for something better. Volunteer for political action groups. Make phone calls to raise campaign contributions for Mr. Unknown (who will continue to be unknown if his supporters just say meh, why bother). Write letters to the less-than-ideal candidates and elected officials. Organize boycotts and demonstrations. DO something.

I might not agree with everyone who does something to effect political change, but I have deep respect for those who DO IT instead of just whining about it.
That was a great post.

And the ideas behind it might work, if politicians wanted to actually help America, as opposed to furthering their own agendas, which very rarely have the good of America in mind.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote