View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #3
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I just feel silly. I asked to 'friend' her and now, after consideration, I don't want to know any more about her. My own doing. I cut off our friendship for a reason; then 18 years pass, we meet (she accosted me) and I decide "Oh! we can be friends again!" and then I think better of it - she really threw me under the bus long time ago and I don't want to re-live any of it or be subjected to her Princessy-ness. maybe she's too close for comfort for me.
she's only four years younger than I but has 2 boys ages 4 and 6 whereas my own are 21 and 22. I've seen her FB pages and it's all Mommy-ness when it isn't Princessy-ness and, as you can imagine, I feel bad about not being SuperBadAssMom whereas she certainly IS SuperBadAssMom judging by her FB pics, etc. elaborate bd parties for four year olds, "the" house etc . jealous I am. A jealous, jealous bitch. but she DID hurt me way before I became such a rag.

oh, yes. And she is, and always has been, best buds with the likes of women who get diamonds for every occasion. As does she. The bitterness in me runs deep, it does. Oh, I'm a hateful crone. What to do? What to do?

Even when we were 18 years younger (her being 26) she treated her own birthday like it was a national holiday. Her first ex hubby gave her a Doonie (SP?) purse, then all the rage and v. expensive, and she was PISSED as there was no surprise party and "he didn't really put much thought into the present; he just bought something," ugh.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum

Last edited by Trilby; 10-02-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote