Thread: Please kill me
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #25
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather View Post
There are always options, although they may not fit into the mold of your ideal solution.

Motorbike instead of car, bus instead of car, cheaper car, working remotely, multiple part time jobs instead of 1 main, DIY repair/replacement, barter/swap for help, internal transfer, and if all else fails, drugs.

Good luck and hang in there! I did at my company, for 5 very long, understaffed and underpaid years. Finally got staffed up (although a couple are total nitwits ) and got a raise. There is something to be said for perseverance.
I have a 35 mile commute into a busy large city...almost all interstate. No way am I motorbiking. Also, I like my head. You may not know this, but people have a tendency to run into me (some dwellars know all those stories) and I'm not chancing that on a motorcycle.

No public transport from the rural area into the city.

I need insurance. Multiple part time jobs would be hunky dorey if I were, say, married and on husband's insurance.

I think some of it is Monday blues, too. Gridlocked traffic due to a few bozos driving like idiots and wrecking all over the place. An issue popped back up that I've been trying to deal with since I got here (hence my talk with my boss.)

I have been perservering and it all just hit me badly today. All I can really do is keep my eyes open (which I do: at area colleges and within this one, also county and city job opportunities) and wait to see if anything changes as a result of the consultant findings.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote