Thread: Please kill me
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

What have you got in savings? Is there someone you can live with? While two can not live as cheaply as one, the real number is somewhere between one and two. Quality of life really does matter whether it's overlooked or not, and job satisfaction is a big component of that, since it makes up so much of our lives. Of course you know this. Perhaps you're overstating or overimagining what it costs to live and could get by on dramatically less, I don't know. By way of analogy, when I go camping, I sometimes think, "Oh, I wish I'd brought X along". I very rarely think, "I wish I'd carried the weight of X all week long so I could have it now." I *never ever* think I had a poor vacation because I didn't bring along X.

Hm. Maybe not a great analogy. I will tell you having been out of work for a long time now, it is possible to live very economically without suffering, but some stuff *definitely* gets left behind.

I hope you feel better about work. I've had superstressfull work conditions and NO amount of money could have made it better. ONLY increased time and space between me and that environment and those people improved the situation for me. Regrettably, this meant no income. Still worth it.