Thread: Ibby foodblogs
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
I mean this in a way... I'm hoping to see a vegetable in one of your pictures soon.

Ok, half-point for the tomato base on the pizza.

I have found improving my diet to be a series of little increments. The first step is shopping well. What fresh healthy stuff do you have in the house rfn?
Not much. I stocked up today (that is to say, Friday afternoon - technically it's 4am Saturday here now) at the local grocery store, so you're going to see starting Friday a week of what I bought at the grocery today. I don't really have anything HEALTHY healthy, and since I'm buying for one, picking up veggies that'll only go bad before i use them doesn't seem like the best plan.

the most neutrally not-actually-actively-bad-for-me foods I have around and reasonable to cook are:

Pasta: the way I make it, the cheesiness tends to undo the health of the semolina... I drown it in Parmesan.
Grits: Adding a cubic inch of salted butter and a splash of sea salt, plus, if I have it, a handful of sharp shredded cheddar, makes for the least healthy hominy a college girl can cook.
Bagel: Still just starch and cheese like everything else I eat, cause I eat my bagels either with cream cheese (and, yeah, maybe some chèvre) or as bagel pizzas with a fuckton of cheese. Not really healthy.
V8 "V-fusion": tastes like rich fruit juice; claims to have 1 fruit and 1 vegetable equivalent per serving. Good vodka mixer; the only ACTUAL fruit and veggie I tend to get.

the rest is all blueberry eggo waffles and sweet tea and sweetened cereal and pop-tarts and frozen chicken and frozen pizza and nice cheese and bacon and burgers and mixers and amaretto and vodka and jager.