View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #4627
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

thanks, limey, for sharing that.

My mom has been a helpless damsel in distress her whole life - looking for some big,strong man to bail her out of every situation, to TELL her exactly what to do b/c she didn't KNOW what to do. She was decorative and my father loved winding up his doll wife and making her do his bidding. She still serves him like she is his Mammy.

Ugh. He'll walk into the kitchen, sit at the table and say, "Where's the marmalade?" and she JUMPS up to get it. she's always been that way. She's never had to pump her own gas to keep a checkbook or do anything but play paperdolls.

How is it that she got stuck with three witchy daughters when she's so very, very good? I can only begin to imagine her disappoint.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote