View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #4583
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Carrotchops is very lucky not to be beaten to death this morning.

I am about to go off to Leeds, which involves a 40 minute train journey. I always listen to my iphone on the train. Music, stories, podcasts. I never travel without my headphones.

Carrot has destroyed my headphones. Good and proper. And I wont have an opportunity to buy new ones til I am in Leeds.

Grrrrrrr. Major fucking grrrrrr.
I'm sorry about ur finger but you knew carrotchops was a dog when you took him in.

(variation of Native American story about a man who takes in an injured snake and nurses it back to health only to have the venomous snake bite him and when he asks how could the snake do that to him after all he's done for it, the snakes answers, "Hey, you knew I was a snake when you took me in!")

sorry, though, about your headphones. but I know you won't beat carrot to death. Maybe just introduce him to the concept of it.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote