Thread: My Family
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #82
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Actually she was looking really good - I caught her squinting at the TV because the breaking news was a hostage situation at Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam)! Which turned out to be a mis-communication.

As far as having twins can be considered easy, she is very lucky. Everyone in the house adores the babies and work around them. She doesn't need to cook, clean, iron, shop, wash clothes. Grandad gets up to help with night feeds, Laura helps with all the others. Connor's Mum has already babysat so they could go to football and go for a meal. My Mum will be round there every morning/ lunchtime if asked in September (Laura gets home at 15.30).

I do not mean any of this in a critical way. I'm very happy she is so well supported, especially when it looked like - for months - that she would not be. Mum & Dad talked seriously about moving her in here, that's how tense things were at their house.

It's not going to be a walk in the park by any means. But those boys will grow up in a very tight-knit family. Which is such a relief.