View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #315
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmg1969 View Post
Yep, get rid of guns and everything will be just fine. Then, all I have to worry about is someone breaking into my house or approaching me on the street with...a knife, a sword, a golf club, a baseball bat, a 2x4 with nails embedded, a vicious dog, their fists, etc. None of those can be used to kill me. And luckily, I will have my hands and maybe some keys to defend myself. I noticed that nobody (at least in this thread) mentioned a recent spree killing in China using.....wait for it....a knife.
I'll take my chances against a knife, a sword, a golf club, a baseball bat, a 2x4 with nails embedded, a vicious dog, fists rather than a gun, how about you?

Quote:
One could argue that, had someone been carry a legally concealed weapon, they could have mitigated the damage the nut in CO. was causing.
One could argue that the damage could have been mitigated if the guy hadn't had a gun. The damage would have been mitigated if he'd only had a knife, a sword, a golf club, a baseball bat, a 2x4 with nails embedded, a vicious dog, or his fists.

Quote:
Exactly, Bruce. I was raised around guns and taught to respect them. When I went to a gun shop recently to look for a new gun, the shop owner commented that it was obvious to him that I grew up around guns. I asked him how. He said how I handled the gun...not putting my finger on the trigger, pointing it away from people, checking that it was unloaded after he handed it to me even though I had just seen him clear it. Some people were just not taught not to play with guns and they pay the price.
Then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
How about this proposal: anyone can have any kind and number of guns they want, but if your first trial determines that someone is negligent or criminal, they are immediately executed. No appeals. Since people kill people, and all.