View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #332
chrisinhouston
Professor

Well this is a combination of a few days of work in my garage workshop. I had this older style Ryobi plunge router that I seldom use because I have a nice new Hitachi model and I also had an old metal framed table sitting around so I decided to make a router table that could come in handy should I ever get around to redoing my kitchen and making my own cabinets and doors.

Image 1. The table which I had to cut down in size since it was bigger than the 24 x 32 inch top. I also added some supports for some shelves which will help firm it up.

Image 2. The table with shelves and top in trial positions. I then took it outside and painted it with fresh black spray paint. The top will be 1 sheet of 3/4" birch plywood laminated to 1 3/4" sheet of laminate covered particle board. The laminate makes it easy to slide the stock across it.

Image 3. The insert which is 3/8 aluminum plate and is about 9 x 11 inches. I traced it to a scrap of birch ply and cut that out and then sanded it until the insert plate slid in smoothly. This is my pattern for routing the laminate top.

Image 4. I used construction adhesive spread with a notched trowel and then used just about every clamp in my shop to squeeze them together and left overnight.
Attached Images

Last edited by chrisinhouston; 07-18-2012 at 01:39 PM.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote