View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #8290
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
But, if you are wiser, then "all those years" were not wasted.

I know I felt my time was wasted; later I realized I didn't waste my time. Some of it was genuinely good, and the parts that weren't good were instructive. But not a waste.

I'm happy you're in a much better place now, regardless. Congratulations.
I don't exactly regret the years spent ... I couldn't have done this years ago, in fact I tried and didn't succeed. But I regret having missed out on a good relationship, one based on mutual consideration and respect, one in which both of us, not just one of us, showed love. There were good times, of course - there always are - but I wish I'd had the chance to experience a bond that grows stronger, a deep mutual connection.

However. I've had some good experiences in other areas of my life. And it all adds up to where I am today, and from now on I can choose who I wll be with, and under what circumstances. I'll happily be alone for the rest of my life rather than be in a bad relationship. For now I'll take a little time for myself. As you say, Limey, I need time to adjust. And thanks, Dana, hopefully things will look up from here!