View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 10:40 AM   #70
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
1) In this case, I swear to fucking Christ almighty, there is nothing more than what you've now been told. But given that the whole thing evolved over you getting ticked off around a problem that you couldn't be told about, and that this is now clear... why on EARTH would you press this question?
Well, I already knew everything (as far as I know), and I've known for a while. So, it's not like this is a great revelation to me. But, really, I don't care. It has nothing to do with me -- I'm not involved. I don't know why you think I'm pissed about it. I never said anything to suggest so.

I only wanted the thread locked instead of deleted. When I suggested so, you said, "If you don't like the new rules you can fuck off your own self." That's pretty rude. As far as I know, I offered a reasonable, courteous suggestion and you offered me unprovoked rage for no reason.

I only brought it up now because you brought it up. You said, "Entire marriages are more important than Juju's fucking time." If you're going to bring up something that criticizes me, and I don't understand what you mean, I'm going to ask you what you mean.

Quote:
2) He wouldn't care. Almost certainly not. 99.999% chance. BUT: do you like the odds? Wouldn't you do whatever you could to ensure that a completely innocent situation, aggravated by a set of morons, one acting psychotic and clearly bent on causing harm in any way possible for no reason at all -- messed with a marriage -- AT ALL?
Since you asked, I'll respond. If I were in your situation, this would be my line of thinking.

If they can't trust each other in a situation like that, then they have problems that won't be solved by anything I could do. Seriously, 0.001%? No sane person would care about what happened. It's tame -- you crossed no lines. I certainly would not cover something up knowing I did nothing wrong. Why bother? It only makes it look like something bad happened when it didn't.

Now, don't try to give my opinion here more value than it's worth, and go off on me trying to defend yourself. I'm only giving my opinion here because you asked. I'm not involved and it's none of my business. Moderation policies are my business, personal drama isn't.

Quote:
I'll tell you what the bigger insult is: it's assuming that I would somehow become Mr. Sweetness and Light Heavy-ass Moderator, pressing this issue like it was the biggest piece of shit that ever landed on your doorstep, and continuing that assumption after the reasoning for this policy change had become clear.

I've removed 4 users, I think, in 14 years.

COUNTLESS SPAM MESSAGES AND SPAM USERS. About 200 of 'em. You never got pissed at that... should I stop moderating those? Should we make a fucking policy message? Or should we trust UT's judgement like we have all this time?
This IS true. However, you've been extremely emotional and (from my point of view) irrational lately. It's a complete change of character, and I worry that you have cast aside your principles. Perhaps I am wrong. But it's hard for me to determine when, instead of answering questions, you flame me when I don't think I've done anything to provoke it. If you make a major change to your moderation policies, why can't I question the decision?

You people that are saying, "It's his board and he can do what he wants" -- I don't think you understand that for years and years he has professed the exact opposite philosophy. Now, maybe he still believes in that. I think it's very fair and reasonable for me to ask if that's true. I don't think it's an inflammatory question at all. But, obviously, by making such a statement, you've missed every single time that he's said otherwise.

Anyway, however you have decided to be, I don't see why you have to hold some angry torch for me over it. So I questioned you. So what?

With the utmost respect, I still would like the following questions answered:
Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Who is 'you'? Is 'you' me?

What are you going to do if I don't leave? Delete my posts?

I don't understand why you're so mad at me. You're really beating your keyboard? What did I do to incite this? I really would like this explained, as I've always attempted to avoid behavior that I thought would create such a reaction in anyone.

[edit - changed 'asking questions' typo to 'answering questions']

Last edited by juju; 02-24-2004 at 10:45 AM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote