View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #8168
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

School May Fayre yesterday.
Forgot my camera (idiot!) which is a real shame as we had a cloudless blue sky and the photos would have looked amazing colour-wise.

It went well though.
My bro turned up, which was a lovely surprise.
Mum came too - which again was nice as she said she would and then attempted to back out at the last minute. Pleased she changed her mind, and I'm sure she saw the genuine pleasure on my face when I saw her.

£3,400 profit. Cool potatoes.

I ran the Refreshments Stall (aka cakes, tea & coffee, ice lollies) from set-up until 12.30, sometimes alone. I was lucky in that the hot weather meant a shorter queue for hot drinks, but it was full-on. I'm proud of myself. I only intended to volunteer, as in help, but next year I won't stress about putting myself forward to manage as I was perfectly capable.

Mrs G bought my coffee & walnut cake sight-unseen (I kept all my cakes in the fridge).
Ste bought my carrot cake - bless him, he could have one for free any weekend.
And Rabbit's Mum bought my chocolate cake. It was effectively the chocolate layer of my very special Chocolate Caramel cake x 2. So less icing, no caramel filling and only 3 eggs. A discount version if you like, but still a fantastically rich cake.

All three purchases made me happy for slightly different reasons.
And the fact I made £15 for the school was a boost too.

I made choc-coffee fairy cakes later that afternoon for Mum.
I had some coffee icing leftover in the fridge; in the end I simply could not pile any more onto the cake! It stretched quite well. Mum's been scoffing them and Maureen took some home too.

I did think about sending some to Limes & Dani, but buttercream icing simply would not travel in this heat. We're keeping them in the fridge as it is.