View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #8141
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

We just rescued a just about 2 yr old purebred female boxer! She is now safetly at my father-in laws in Calgary for the evening. Then, tomorrow morning a friend and I are driving out to meet them half way here, to bring her home. We will be meeting in Golden BC around 1-1:30 and by 5pm she will be in her forever home!

I know its only been 2 weeks since my Freya passed on, but this one needed us now. She was being sent to the SPCA at 5 tonight, as the owner had rescued her 4 months before from being crated for 18 hours a day, and no longer wanted (in fact the new wife of the original owner HATES dogs)... then her world fell apart. The lady has mental health issues, an abusive ex, an eviction notice, and had never dealt with the energy or needs that a boxer brings to your life.The lady rescued this little one.. just in time for us to need and want another dog. We were going to wait, and get a puppy in a few months... but something about this one called to us.

Dad says she was great in the car on her way to his house, went pee outside, and is being a good girl. She is not hand shy, is skinny, but not "too bad", has the boxer energy and mentality (IE: PLAY PLAY PLAY..oh look a butterfly.... huh? PLAY PLAY PLAY) I am soo looking forward to meeting her tomorrow.

My Loki dog will be so happy to have someone to play with again, and this new one will be spoiled rotten with all the love and attention an animal should have from its family.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote