Thread: My Family
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

It could be that of course.
But given she has already suggested this as a welcome outcome I think it's still part of her denial. I'm not good at thinking the best of her of course.

Had another email from Abigail tonight.
Wow. Talk about building bridges.
She said she's already tried on the support belt and she can feel where it will help.
She writes as a teen/ young adult, not as a child writing a thank you letter for another set of scented drawer liners.

She's made up about the baby shower offer, has mentioned it to me and Mum again and thanked us. Apparently her friends really want to organise one. I imagine she's been a bit torn, wanting one but unsure of how it would be viewed at home. Of course I have reiterated that her Mum should be as involved as she wants to be, but now I've said it I'll just let her get on with it. What teen girl doesn't want to plan a party? Oh, probably lots, but I remember planning my best friend's 16th. Even though her parents were going to be upstairs. It occupied us from my birthday (July) until hers (October). It was worth it though - I did get to snog Geoff.

So, June half term.
And we're already in April.
Her bessie (who has been going to the scans with her) will contact me later this week. I'll let her have her head. We'll cater simply with a good cake, sandwiches, soft drinks etc and she and her friends can go to town with blue balloons, banners, flowers whatever. It's what I love to do too, but this is not about me.

Dad will have to go round to Stevo's for the day. Ste still has all the Sky Sports channels (we've had to give them up). The place will be a frothy palace of baby blue and gushing teens. I intend to serve and gracefully retire. Like a Great Aunt should.

She may yet lose one or both of the twins.
I am aware of this is as possibility.
Tennant at school is a surviving identical twin - his brother died after they were born.
If she loses one or both I will do what I can to help pick up the pieces. And the charity shops will be grateful for some Fairy Non-Bio capsules, some vests and sleepsuits and some size 1 nappies.

It's true I'm a spender not a saver. So although I'm buying no more clothes, where I see a Buy One Get One Free on babywipes, as I did today, I'll stick them in my shopping basket.

The mundane things will help if she gets through this safely.
And the willingness to see it as a future, not an ending is already helping her.
Goodness. I sound all Donna there.
(Noble)