View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #258
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. We're not sure about the universe.

Quote:
Teenagers hurt in Victorian hunting accident

Two teenagers are in a serious condition in hospital after a shotgun accident in central Victoria.

The accident happened in the small town of Majorca in central Victoria just before midday.

Police say the two boys, aged 14 and 15, were with a 48-year-old man who was rabbit shooting at the time of the accident.

It is believed they were accidentally shot when they walked up a ridge and into the man's path as he was firing on an animal.

The pellets caused serious injuries to the face, chest and body of the 15-year-old boy.

The 14-year-old boy also suffered chest and arm injuries.

They were both flown to the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne.
For "It is believed they were accidentally shot when they walked up a ridge and into the man's path as he was firing on an animal"
please read
"It is believed they were accidentally shot when the man fired on an animal too close to the ridge line without sufficient backstop. Dumbarse."

I have never owned a gun or gun license, and never fired anything bigger than an air rifle, but even I know this rule.