View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #2945
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Right. Listening to Danny Baker on BBCiPlayer. His show from this morning.

Diz woke me up early early early. Well before Danny Baker.
Established lock-in procedures (shut my bedroom door and put some food down for him)
Let the Mia cat into the house. Opened the blinds and switched the kitchen light on so that the neighbours don't think the 'rents are filthy degenerates for sleeping after 05.45
Back to my room to share lock-in.

Woke up again when the 'rents got up, switched the radio on, read a bit and drifted again.
Diz puked.
I was sleepy.
I cleaned up.
Happened again. Ditto.
Yes, I am worried.

I am now able to understand that I drifted back into awake when the interview started. All I remember was a man talking about changing his life and how he was writing or involved in opera. "Alex James [Blur]" said my sleepy mind. I waded in and out of the shallows of the interview and heard nothing to contradict my assumption.

Drugs, public adoration, leaving that behind, making up with the band, new life...
I couldn't remember Alex James being all that outspoken but I wasn't obsessive about Blur, I just liked them.

Sleep, Diz, wipe up, sleep, Dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No.
It was Boy George.

Danny Baker called him by name (George O'Dowd) towards the end of the interview and it was like an electrical current passing through me. WHAT? Of course I hadn't been listening to it. And I'd have sleepily enjoyed an interview with either man. But it was just a jolt to the system to realise I'd drowsed through so many key points. No wonder he never talked about pig-farming.

If I'd been drinking I would call it partial blackout.
Sleep is a powerful drug.
Never introduce me as a witness in a trial.

Good job I'm only in charge of a cat. Even a sicky one.

ETA OMG - this would have been the whole post had I known it at the beginning. In the interview Boy George said he went for lunch at the Pelton Arms in Greenwich the other week. I worked there! Dani drank there! I don't mean it in a celebrity connection way, only in a bizarre coincidence way. Shows how knacked I was. Someone on the radio says the name of a previous workplace and somewhere I actually lived and it didn't even stir me out of torpor.

Last edited by Sundae; 04-01-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote