View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
mrnoodle
bent

Re: this is Mr. StaceyV

First of all, let me be clear in saying that I am not interested in trying to anger you, abuse you, or otherwise engage in verbal sparring with you for my own amusement.

But do NOT try to feed me a pile of dog crap and call it ice cream.

Quote:
Originally posted by arsen
[paraphrase]blahblahblah my life is soooo complex. I should be excused for acting like a self-absorbed wanker with no regard for anyone's feelings but my own. [/paraphrase]
I don't care what country you're from, I don't care how miserable you think your existence is, I don't care how you define love. When you marry someone, you are making a vow. You are promising them, in the presence of signed witnesses, that you are now taking the sacred responsibility of tying your life to theirs. This means that without the express consent of your life partner, you may not engage in a romantic relationship, a sexual relationship, or any other form of relationship with another person. And for those about to call me to task on this, you know what the fuck I mean. I'm not talking friendships, I'm talking mushy you-complete-me letters, secret meetings, etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum.

If you can't live up to your side of the marriage, don't get married. If you have any other reason other than undying devotion for getting married, you have the obligation to make damn sure the other party knows it in advance so they don't fuck up years of their life trying to figure out why the hell they can't make you happy. It's worse than mismanaging your love life. It's being cruel to someone you purport to love. That's not acceptable, and it sickens any right-thinking person.

[/rant]