View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
dmg1969
I got nothing

i.m. I cannot cite any specific stats because I highly doubt that anyone would admit it. Well, forgive me, someone did. Here's a recent example. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hes-black.html

Although he is one example, I would imagine that there are many others who felt likewise. What is many? More than 10 and fewer than a million? I don't know, but you cannot deny that a certain percentage of blacks who voted for Obama did so based on race. And what I said was "quite a few" not all as insinuated by you.

I think Glatt is probably correct about Obama exciting people who would not normally vote. However, one cannot simply ask the question of whether those same people would have felt compelled to vote for Obama if he was white.

I appreciated Glatt's reply because it didn't immediately paint me as a racist for asking a question like others (watermelon, lazy blacks?) Come on folks...not everyone who doesn't like Obama is a racist.

And Spex, you are right. 100%. There are those who did NOT vote for Obama because he was black. I don't have stats for that either, but I do not argue it in the least. And I have as big a problem with someone NOT voting for him based on his race as I do with someone VOTING for him based on it.