View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #230
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
...What is the interest of the United States of America to permit a man to marry a woman, but forbid a man to marry a man? ....
Or, more importantly, a woman marry a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
If we allow gay marriage then we are opening the door to legalization of polygamy and humans marrying animals or inanimate objects. Of course, studies show polygamy has a strong negative effect on society, hurting basically everyone (children, women, and young poor men) besides rich older men and marrying non-humans has absolutely no value to the state since people will not spend and save differently as opposed to the marriage of two humans. I'm not exactly sure how either those relate to gay marriage but I'm sure there is some connection....

Or you can go the sanctity of marriage route. In that case I'm pretty sure The Bible makes it perfectly clear that gays should not be allowed to marry at any cost and we should just forgive adulters. I mean...its not like the "sin" of adultery was written in stone or anything like that...I think. Sorry, I always get confused which particular religious doctrine we are imposing on the population.
Many of god's chosen were polygamists. If you support the ban on uni-gender marriage based on the bible argument, you'd be hypocritical to oppose polygamy.