View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Many moons ago, a month before I turned 27, I bought my first brand new vehicle. It was a 1995 Chevy S-10, black, short-bed, regular cab. I fucking loved that truck. It represented a new level of freedom for me. I no longer had to carry every tool I owned everywhere I went in fear of mechanical fuckery. I no longer had to carry a list of phone numbers of people I could call for help.

It had .2 miles on it when I test drove it, and I picked it up freshly detailed, and full of gas with 2.2 miles on it. The first sound I heard through the stereo (which was quickly replaced with 480 satan-inspired watts of 'Fuck yeah!') was 'Black Sunshine' by White Zombie, running up the on ramp WFO.

In 24 months I put 97,000 miles on that little truck.

Sadly, I traded Black Sunshine for a 32' bucket truck w/chip box and a chipper. The business I started w/that combo, I later sold to a much bigger company a town over. The money I socked away, and take little tiny nibbles of every now and then (but more and more frequently).

And I haven't worked for anyone since.

Thank you Little Black Truck!

Name:  S-10 6.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  63.5 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote