View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #20
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hey Clodfobble

I think you've approached this question from a perspective different than my perspective, and not just the fact that you're a woman and I'm a man. When I was answering Aliantha's question, I read, and answered it according to my personal feelings about what I find attractive. What I hear in your statement, especially with respect to the magazine and clothing, is that a certain range of physical characteristics are being showcased *for a definite purpose*, to sell something.

And then after that, I feel our opinions are very similar. Here's why. Physical appearance is something that can get my attention, and help me form a first impression. This is true for a woman I see in real life and it's true for a picture of a woman I see in a magazine. I'm a visual person (like most people). But that only goes so far. For there to be a real attraction beyond attention, I need to know more. I would talk to the woman, and see how things turn out from there. I would read the advertisement or article and see how things turn out from there.

The thread title actually says "Too big or too small?" and I think the answer is no to both. Neither woman in the picture is too big or too small. It was just my own thought process that connected "What do you think?" and nakey women to "Let me tell you what I find attractive. Maybe I drove the conversation in that direction, who knows.

But what is attractive, what is too big or too small, those kinds of questions require context. I offered my answer within the context of what I like to see and touch. I would refine my answer if the context were what image increases sales the most.