View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 11:07 AM   #22
Enigma
Recruit or Something

Quote:
Originally posted by Griff
It's horrible, but is it national news? To me, it's just big media scoring off a families tragedy, while pumping up the paranoia a bit. Our "local" news radio ran the story this morning while parents were waiting for school closing info. The local reporter then mumbled something about being a local news station with lots of local news. He sounded a bit annoyed but he'd better be careful about messing with Clear Channel.
Griff do you have young children that walk home from school or ride bikes to the 7-11 or go to the public library, frostie freeze, etc. If you do are you with them constantly? I have 5 grandchildren that were raised here in Sarasota and I often think of the times they walked the same area as Carlie and went to the big shopping center 3 blocks away. One of them is married now and lives 8 blocks from this atrocity's start, the carwash. Yes I definitely think this is news that helps remind parents and families to teach and remember it could have been my daughter, granddaughter, niece, sister, school chum, or it could have been me.