View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #482
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

New insurance company.

Admittedly, the thing I'm trying to do is rare. But I've done it before and it's not that hard to understand. Rep #1 at the pre-cert department was outright belligerant from the beginning; she's either having a super shitty day or she won't be employed in customer service for long. Regardless, the answer she was giving me was incorrect, and she was not going to even check to see if she could do it my way in her system. So I called back, and got Rep #2. This one was polite, but dumb. She didn't even know how to do the thing I was asking, and told me that really I should be talking to this other department. No, I know I shouldn't, but I call them just so I can get a name of a person over there so that in the future I can say truthfully, "No, I talked to JANE over in Department X and she agreed it was your department's problem, not hers."

So I call the pre-cert department for a third time, thinking this will be the clincher... and I get the belligerant one again. (I hung up as soon as I heard her voice.) This is greatly concerning to me, because what are the chances I got the same bitch again? It makes it seem like there's only a couple of people in that room. Over the last 4 years of calling our previous insurance company an average of twice a month, I never talked to the same rep twice, and this was a good thing because it enabled my whole policy of "Just call back until you get a smart one."

Sweet Jesus I'm in trouble if my only choices from here on out are the Bitchy One and the Dumb One. On the upside, the Bitchy One stands a good chance of getting fired if she keeps it up.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote