View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 01:29 AM   #33
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
- Groucho Marx

An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup.

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.

Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - and both commonly succeed, and are right.
- H. L. Mencken

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?
- George Carlin

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

We shall show mercy, but we shall not ask for it.
- Sir Winston Churchill