View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #284
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Just so you all get a better picture of the facts, I'll give them to you.
The 3 preseason favorites and the result
This pattern goes all the way back to 1985.
Everyone assumes the winner will repeat and they rarely do.

Except that it did happen going back to 1985, in 1989, 1993, and 2004.

I don't think you are dishonest WHIP but I know you're dishonest with yourself.

You say bet on the house side, but you don't know which side the house is on. And neither does the house, until they set the lines.

To imagine the NFL is controlled is ridiculous on its face. It's conspiracy theory, and conspiracy theory is the realm of the unwise. We know it's conspiracy theory because we ask you to connect the facts and you fail to do so. Your unconvincing argument "how could it not be?" is the same fodder offered up by people who believe we never landed on the moon. You can't make the connection, so you only offer up more theory.

This is incorrect thinking, and to continue with this attitude and have losing seasons like you have had is foolish.

You will be wiser when you have failed hard and are forced to take a long hard look at your situation, and will come to the conclusion that the outcomes looked like conspiracy but could happen all along without conspiracy.

Favorites don't repeat... so what! It means the league has parity, a high degree of randomness, and winning players that become free agents make it harder to achieve long-term success at the highest level. The public thinks favorites will repeat... so what! This is an instinct you can take advantage of in the lines, but it doesn't prove, in any way, that it's conspiracy.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote