View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #6
CaliforniaMama
I wonder . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey View Post
It would have been even better if he was in handicap parking without a tag...I hate that. Of course, I hate it even ore when some dick pulls his visor tag down with no handicap passenger....gripes me. Cool pic though.
I have a disabled license plate - sometimes people don't see it (because they expect to see one in the widow) and give me grief.

Sometimes, I feel awkward/embarrassed using the handicap spaces because my disability is not readily apparent. It seems like I can walk normally like anyone else. But when I come back to my van, I am limping and wincing as I get gingerly climb back in.

Sometimes, I just need the wider space to be able to fully open my door to get in and out without twisting.

Often, it is hard to know what's going on in a person's body by taking a look at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtimer View Post
And I hate it even ore when you see a parking lot that is full except for the dozen always-empty handicapped spots up front. There aren't nearly as many handicapped drivers as the guvmint seems to think there are.
I'll vote for whichever politician promises to limit the number of handicapped spots to 2 per store.
LOL! In our area, it is quite the opposite. Handicap spots are almost always full. We are always wishing there were more!