View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #112
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Respect government or government will hunt you down like a wounded deer

From here

Quote:
Emma Sullivan’s trip to Topeka with other high school students to learn about government taught her a few unexpected lessons:
Quote:
All that resulted from a tweet the Shawnee Mission East High School senior wrote Monday during Brownback’s greeting to young people who were brought in for a closer look at the political process.
“Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot,” Sullivan thumbed from the back of the crowd.
She actually made no such comments.
Quote:
Brownback’s director of communication wasn’t amused when the tweet was spotted during the routine daily monitoring of comments on Twitter and Facebook mentioning the governor’s name.
“That wasn’t respectful,” responded Sherriene Jones-Sontag. “In order to really have a constructive dialogue, there has to be mutual respect.”
So they tracked her down and forced her school to force her to write a letter of apology. I think what she did was stupid and petty. I think the governors office's response was Orwellian and Nixonian. The next time I hear a complaint about how 'liberal' institutions are stifling conservative students, I think I can bring this item up. Compared to some of the rhetoric about Obama, what she wrote was tame.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote