View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

A Thanksgiving message

The Holiday Season begins each year with Thanksgiving Day in the US... A day in which we gather with family and friends and reflect upon the many things we have to be thankful for. The list is long for me. I have much to be thankful for. But this year, I am reminded of a special group of people in my life. I have never actually expressed my thanks for the fact that they are in my life. On the contrary, I am more apt to complain of their presence and rail my frustrations at them. I have been unjust in this. These people have great worth. It is, I suppose, just a matter of perspective.

Who are these people? They are none other than The Dumbasses I work with. Now, I'm not saying that everyone I work with is a dumbass. Far from it. There are many many skilled and talented individuals that contribute much toward the successes I have enjoyed in my career.... These people know who the dumbasses are, and know they are not included among them. I'm Thankful for them as well, but this sentiment is especially dedicated to The Dumbass.

Thank You, Dumbasses, for constantly blundering and requiring saving. Your foibles and failures have been invaluable as examples of what NOT to do in myriad different situations we have encountered. You have made me appear MUCH more competent by comparison. Your mathematical errors and violations of compliance and policy have provided me with countless opportunities to fix things and justify the need for the aspect of my job that encompasses pulling your collective Fat out of the Fire. The enhancement to my job security is comforting to me when times are slow, and bosses begin to cast about looking for fat to trim.

It truly is easy to Soar Like an Eagle when you are Surrounded by Turkeys.

Cheers to you, Mr Dumbass! And God Bless!

Last edited by jimhelm; 11-22-2011 at 11:00 AM.
jimhelm is offline   Reply With Quote