View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #71
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

ok here's an update. you're not going to believe this shit. i will tell the story as it unfolded. starting with last wednesday evening. George from the new company calls me to firm up monday the 28th as my start date. no problem. i'll be there. during the conversation i mentioned that i was in the middle of calibrating an ammeter. it was 6:30 in the evening. he made note that i was still working and i told him i had at least another hour to go. he liked that. he could see that by my references that they were indeed true that i put forth my best effort whatever the task is or job calls for.

now thursday night around the same time:

job shop: "hi Plthijinx?"

me: "hey Sana, how are you?"

job shop: "i'm doing well. listen, your background check came back and i'm afraid we can't proceed any further."

small pause.

me: "what do you mean? i told you and your manager everything."

job shop: "yeah i know but i'm afraid we can't take this any further"

me: "this doesn't sound right. I talked to George last night......" she then cut me off

job shop: "you talked to him?!?!"

me: "yes. why don't i call him and find out what's going on?"

job shop: "no. i'm afraid i have to ask you to NOT contact the client."

me: "yyyeeahh. ok. sure. so basically what you're telling me is this: that if "the client" wants me then we will proceed?"

job shop: "something like that, yes."

me: "alright then. let me know what happens tomorrow."

*click*

now at this point i am floored, angry, stunned, you name it. i mulled over not calling George for what seemed like 5 minutes but it was more like 30 seconds. he didn't answer. he was gone for the evening. now i'm really throwed off here (pardon the hood rat speak). i can't concentrate on a skid that i'm testing and finally throw in the towel and clock out for the night. on the drive home i swear to God i almost cried.

Friday morning rolls around and i wait until around 9:30 to call George. no answer. about 30 minutes later he calls:

Geo: "hey Fred. listen, Ratshit Batshit Chickenshit Engineering doesn't want to hire you. BUT! before you get let down i want to say that right now at this moment we have our lawyers working to find out how we can hire you. we want you. we love your resume and your talents that you have already demonstrated to us. now, there is no way that we can legally hire you direct due to the fact that Ratshit Batshit Chickenshit Engineering submitted your resume over here because that would negate the existing contract that we have with them. However, there is another alternative. Can you come over here under the shop you're with now?"

me:"yeah, need me to call ZA and give him a heads up and your number?"

Geo:"yeah do that and we will know more by lunch or shortly thereafter."

me:"alright then"

so i called za and gave him a heads up. told him i had good news for him that the firm wants to hire me through him. i told him my rate and that he needed to work out the overall rate and come to an agreement with the firm. we talked about a few particulars and what i've just mentioned here then, this is funny, well to me anyway, za said, now about this thirty some odd an hour? how are we spitting this? i said, i don't know what you're going to get, i'm getting thirtysomeodd an hour. that's my rate. whatever you workout with Geo is up to y'all. he hung up and after lunch i got the call. i'm hired onto the firm through the shop i'm with now. za still gets to make money off of me for 6 more months then i go direct with the firm. after that, za will still get job contracts from us to build panels. win win situation. what an emotional roller coaster last week was.