Thread: Car question
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:34 PM   #116
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I'm tired of arguing with you tw.

I misspoke about two cylinders firing at the same time. What I was trying to communicate is that two cylinders are UP and two cylinders are DOWN at the same time. One of the UP cylinders is on the compression/power stroke and the other UP cylinder is on the exhaust/intake stroke. My point is still valid and that is if there's something that causes one of the cylinders to misfire, that will cause the engine to be unbalanced. This in turn is felt as a vibration, a roughness.

As for the rest... we just disagree on a couple of things. What you call shotgunning, I call eliminating possible problems. What you call gathering information, I call sitting on your thumbs. What you call no rush, I call no clue. That's fine. You seem to want more and more information until you know what to do, and then you want to spend one bullet only to kill the problem. That is definitely one way to fix problems. It's not the only way, and in my opinion it is not a very effective way. But it's your way and that's cool.

The rest of your crap, whatever dude.