View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Flint
Snowflake

Thanks, Mitch. Starting from my initial look at the spreadsheets on the Wikipedia Comparison of e-book formats article, I saw either Android or iOS were the compatability champs, and since I am not an Apple guy, I felt like I had to (attempt to) convince myself why I wouldn't run an Android device.

More than a little confusion came from every person I spoke to at WGU, the collective conclusion of which was: I need to run a Windows tablet to be compatible with everything--which, mind you, was not the question at all. I wanted to know formats for reading devices, not "everything" devices.

Also, I had thought that Nook had realized that everyone was cracking their device, and given up and released a real, off-the-shelf Android device. I guess I dreamed that, but it doesn't really matter anyway.

Good point about the remote desktop, too. I had realized at some point that I don't need a computer, I just need to get my peripherals aimed at a computer.

One last thing before I jump into a wifi-based, Android-rooted Nook running remote desktops and cloud storage: I hope they're available with a real, physical keyboard. I'm a touchy-feely keyboard guy. I'm a drummer.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote