Thread: Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 03:18 PM   #13
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

I think I can honestly say that I am affected by racism when I get a smaller scholarship and am eligble for fewer scholarships simply because I'm white.

But of course thats not your idea of racism....no no no. Thats affirmative action!

Here's a little something for you. When I started my freshment year at Drexel in Information Systems in 2000, we have about 30 black/hispanic students with massive scholarships. It is now my 4th year (5 year program), fairly sure only about 10 of those are left. It gets better, they all had scholarships of some sort - yet the ones that I talked to had lesser SAT scores and school GPA than a friend of mine who had NO scholarship.

I'm not trying to say that black/hispanic studnets are stupid. I know they're not. But they do get the "easy" way in, get more benifits and yet claim to be oppressed. They get into colleges with lesser grades, lesser desire to learn, get scholarships and then drop out. Those 20 spots could have been filled by more deserving students and the money could have been better distributed.

Yeah I don't know racism at all...

Last edited by FileNotFound; 01-28-2004 at 03:23 PM.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote