View Single Post
Old 01-28-2004, 01:37 PM   #33
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
I watch more TV than I should. I like most of the shows on NBC, and I've been watching a lot of HBO and the Discovery channels since getting digital cable last summer. I've been watching less TV over the last 4 months though, and I'd like to keep going in that direction.

As far as reality shows, "The Apprentice" is interesting, and I watch "The Real World" and "The Osbournes" for their humor. But the only other reality show I've ever enjoyed is "Lost" (6 episodes on NBC just after 9/11). The rest of it is just absolute crap to me.
I love a good sitcom. I was raised on them (and other guilty pleasure shows from the 80s like Dynasty, Dallas, etc.). I loved "Titans" for the brief time that it was on...it was soooo campy, a la the nighttime shows that I just mentioned. I don't give a fuck that to some people it's mindless...hell sometimes I need that. My life is too damned serious as it is, so every once in a while, I could use something that will take my mind off of things.

I'm not the biggest fan of reality TV. Syc and I watched the first season of Fear Factor, but after that, it just became to gross and stupid. But now, The Apprentice and America's Next Top Model are my shows (yes, I DID say the model show...AND?!?).

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote