View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post

Pico, I had horrible side effects from Fluoxetine (Prozac) so I was taken off it after a week. But then I went cold turkey - stupid, stupid - on Paroxetine (Paxil) without withdrawal symptoms. I'd been on it for a while. Then again I never had physical withdrawl from alcohol or nicotine, so perhaps I'm not prone to it. (This is probably nonsense!)
I was on Proxac about 10 years ago for about 3 months and I don't recall any side-effects at all and when I decided to quit I went cold-turkey with no problem. As a result I was a vocal fan of the drug. Of course everyone reacts differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
Be careful, some doctors will try the 'latest and greatest' when an older established drug will do as well. In some cases this is due to ignorance. Drug companies are happy to provide instruction in new pharma but have no incentive to mention that a generic works as well or better for a specific ailment.
Ive definitely noticed that about the last two of my doctors. They are pill pushers. I wish I could get back on with a former doctor, but she isn't taking any new patients. She really listened to me and worked with my input. (Well up until the time she wouldn't help me out with a few pain pills when I ran short on my prescription - it was a matter of not going over the surgeons head, but he was out of town and his nurse would not help me out at all. I was in miserable pain from a shattered disc in my neck and waiting on surgery for it. My husband was infuriated and talked me into dropping her after that. Im really sorry I did)

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by Pico and ME; 09-04-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote