View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
That was kind of the point - to get some benefit for the majority out of the money spent on a minority. What do you have against that?
?

Go look at what I quoted.

If I'm getting a check for working, what makes that welfare? That's what's so tedious. It's always how everybody's taking taking taking from him.

If you're spending money on a project, the expenses of the project, isn't the project what you're spending the money on? Aren't you seeking the benefit of having the project completed? To my mind, the money's spent on the project, not on the "minority", implying the wages of the people who work on it.

Unless you envision something stupid like paying one group to dig a hole and then paying another group to fill the same hole. Then you're spending money for no lasting project, nothing with lasting benefit, though those groups deserve to be paid for their labor, both of them. And if you got the money for such a project, more power to you.

But no one's suggesting such a project, only ones that have lasting value. And the expenses of such projects will include labor costs, as practically all projects do, even your own home improvement projects, though you might calculate your labor costs at $0.00/hr like I usually do.