View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 08:09 AM   #2338
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

I feel your pain, glatt, and I'm so glad you're alright. I won't get into my disdain for the "training" and "talent" of truckers who put our lives in jeopardy every day. They even ramped (ha, pun) up coverage on the interstate by the Highway Patrol just because every freaking accident in the winter (well not every but most) was caused by semi-driver error. They way up in da sky. We're just little ants down here waiting to be killed by behemoths with very bad driving skills. OH, so I guess I will get into my disdain.

OK, my ho posts: I was at my mom and dad's on Saturday and had gone outside to get something out of my car. I heard a jet, and looked up just in time to see an F-16 flying over...so close I almost felt like I could touch it (which of course it wasn't really that close.) It was banking in to a turn. By the time my dad got out of the shop it was long gone. I stood in my parent's driveway, hands in the hair, yelling "WOOOHOOOOOOO." My family has always been into stuff like that. Puts tears in my eyes. And reminds me that my nephew is in Quantico learning to be a pilot. Amazing stuff.

Second ho post: Leaving there, I saw a car pulling one of those little trailers commonly used by entertainers to get stuff back and forth. It read "Aim High Puppet Minstries." I so wanted to paint out the "A" and put an apostrophe between I and m, to make it I'm High Puppet Ministry. Because seriously, puppets are creepy and people need to be high to appreciate them.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote