View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #500
glatt

Quote:
Republickins have plenty of blood on their hands, but no one will forget, it has been the Demoncrats who have been in control.
The debt was no big deal under Carter and before. Reagan came along and increased military spending and cut taxes, increasing the debt by unprecedented amounts. Bush I continued the path of Reagan, but slowed the growth of it a little. Then Clinton came. He started off with a big debt, but the economy was on fire then, and he ended up with a balanced budget when he left office. Bush II started his term with huge tax cuts followed by two expensive wars and ended up with a big expensive bailout just before he left office. Now Obama is increasing the debt a lot with his continued spending on the wars and the stimulus spending. At the same time Republicans have blocked tax increases.

The debt has been going on for a while and it's not a one party is to blame kind of a deal. In my opinion, the Republicans have contributed more to the debt in my lifetime, but right now it's taking off like crazy under Obama. Something needs to be done and the fair thing is to share the pain equally.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote