Thread: Global warming?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #896
Blib27
If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
I don't know where you are getting your beliefs from. But numbers say global temperatures even in the past decade have increased significantly.

Numbers from six sources differ significantly ... a subjective conclusion. Vary so little as to be virtually same ... a conclusion that also includes numbers. Same chart with two completely different declarations. Which conclusion do you entertain? The subjective one? Or one based in science?
It's wonderful what you can do with massaged figures and pretty pictures, isn't it?

Here's a quote from Professor Phil Jones. As you know, Phil Jones is director of the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia (UEA). The chap at the centre of this "science".

Here's what he said in reply to a question posed to him by the BBC last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones' Interview
Do you agree that from 1995 to the present there has been no statistically-significant global warming

Yes, but only just. I also calculated the trend for the period 1995 to 2009. This trend (0.12C per decade) is positive, but not significant at the 95% significance level. The positive trend is quite close to the significance level. Achieving statistical significance in scientific terms is much more likely for longer periods, and much less likely for shorter periods.

Now, he directly contradicts what you say.

How strange is that? Care to comment?
Blib27 is offline   Reply With Quote