View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #8
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post
I'm walking the halls and a cow orker says "what's wrong?" Nothing's wrong! I guess my brow is furrowed and I look deep in thought. Well, I am. I have pics of me as a little girl, crease between the eyes, gazing off. Probably reflecting on every little thing I did or said and making sure I did or said it right.

And I had a bit of echolalia as a kid. I remember I would say a sentence, then immediately whisper it to myself to make sure it sounded right.

To paraphrase Spinal Tap: a little TOO much fucking introspection, if you ask me.

OMG, people always ask me what's wrong!! I've decided I must look grumpy or something.

And the repeating thing? I whispered it to myself when I was younger, refining what I'd said. I find that I sometimes do that now, unconsiously, but out loud...to the person I'm speaking to. How annoying is that? I snap my mouth shut sometimes, thinking..hell, I just said that! Why am I saying it again with a slight inflection change. Sheesh.

Oh, and my partner does this (silently)...except he changes my responses in his repetitions. And then, is sometimes confused as to what I actually DID say.