Thread: Dieting...
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Ugh...I know I know. Creeps up over the winter, then I'm depressed half the spring.

I think BigV tried Alli, mtp.

So many of the supplements, if you follow the guidelines that come with the supplement, you don't really need the supplement. They are the common-sense things that seem to take forever that really make a difference.

For example: chromium picolinate

1)Take 400 mcg of chromium picolinate daily with meals, preferably before working out. Alternatively, you may take a pure chromium supplement every day with meals before exercise. Taking chromium with orange juice or other foods rich in vitamin C helps your body absorb the chromium.

2) Increase your chances for losing weight with chromium picolinate by incorporating 30- to 60-second rest periods between exercises during your workouts.

3) Increase the intensity of your aerobic exercise periodically for up to a minute during your workouts. These occasional "sprints" have been shown to burn much more fat than "steady state" exercising. Chromium picolinate is thought to enhance this effect.

4) Train with weights at least twice a week when using chromium picolinate. Chromium's effect on metabolism is stronger when the supplement is coupled with strength training.

5) Increase the amount of broccoli, green beans, whole grains, peanut butter, plums, tree nuts and potatoes that you eat during the week to safely and naturally increase your body's supply of chromium.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote