Thread: Dieting...
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Dieting...

I thought there was a thread for this, but I can't seem to find it so I'm starting a new one.
I have gained 50ish pounds in the last year and I need to seriously think about losing it. My doctor confirmed it for me. Yes I need to exercise, but I don't really have the money for a gym membership, and no access to a free one. Heavy exercise outside in Texas is not a great idea for me with my asthma, and it doesn't get dark soon enough (I need to go to bed early b/c of work). I can do light exercise, but that will probably be it for a while. So my main focus on weight loss will have to be diet. Now I have tried to go the generic, eat more fruit/veggies/low fats ect route...but I'm really not disciplined enough yet to stick to something so open to interpretation.
I've heard really good things about both HCG and Weight Watchers, but am still skeptical...anyone have any thoughts on these? Maybe an alternative? I have a pretty hectic lifestyle and am not very self disciplined yet, so I need baby steps and simple diet plans.

I should also mention that one change I've decided to make already is to temporarily suspend my use of birth control pills since those can cause you to gain/keep you from losing. So I'm hoping that may help but I'm not sure if some of the other drugs I'm on have the same side effect...maybe I should look into that.