View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #22
Antimatter
Belt Conveyor

Sorry for starting and then neglecting this thread for a while. Been busy going back and forth between Copenhagen and Berlin. Anyway, I'd like to address a few points of view that have been expressed while I was away.

First of all I don't think I'm fucking someone halfway across the planet. I'm sufficiently aware of my own bodily functions to know when I'm fucking, when I think about fucking and when I'm neither fucking nor thinking about it. And since we have not yet agreed to have an open relationship I'm not fucking anybody when we're in different cities, and I trust that she isn't either.

I've more or less decided to not agree to having an open relationship with her. We still have to sit down and actually talk about it, because I promised her we would do that, and it's theoretically possible that this will change my mind, but chances are slim.

Quite a few people have spoken out against long distance relationships. I hadn't anticipated this when I posted my story as the distance itself is something I'm confident we can overcome, especially since I plan to move to Berlin when possible (which it isn't right now for some tedious but very real reasons). If nothing serious comes in the way I could be moving to Berlin before the end of this year, or early next year at the latest. To rephrase, I'm not planning to have a long distance relationship, I'm planning to make my long distance relationship into a more normal short distance one. It's just that changing address to a different city in another country takes a bit more time, planning and effort than changing your underwear, and I have some ties to this city and country that will evaporate within the next few months.

I had two goals with this thread, one was to find out whether I think that her boinking someone else while I was in Thailand was cheating, the other whether I wanted to accept or reject her proposal to have an open relationship. I've found that the first one doesn't really matter to me anymore as I'd rather focus on the future than the past, and the other I've made my mind up about. So thank you all for your input, I appreciate it, even if I chose differently from what you would.
Antimatter is offline   Reply With Quote